Flying Scot® Foundation
Assuring the Future of Flying Scot® Sailing
Purpose: The Flying Scot® Foundation is a non-profit organization affiliated with the Flying Scot® Sailing Association. The Foundation has a General Fund that is designed to support Flying Scot® sailing. The assets of the General Fund may be used for purposes such as the following:
· to advertise and promote the sport of Flying Scot® sailing;
· to recruit new members;
· to help qualified Flying Scot® sailors attend US Sailing national events
· to help support Flying Scot® sanctioned regattas;
· to maintain and replace perpetual trophies;
· to provide Fleet Captains and District Governors with financial support;
· to provide enhancements to the FSSA Website;
· to enhance Scots n’ Water;
· to maintain and improve the FSSA historical archives;
· for any purpose that furthers the sport of sailing Flying Scot® class sloops
Note: IRS guidelines limit Foundation support to activities that have a clear charitable or educational value.
NB: If you are a sailing school or CSA that is applying for support (including used sails), please use the applications found on the Fund for Education page.